Over 900 pages of useful information on mirrorless cameras,
with 65+ camera and lens reviews, and growing.
Latest Articles Posted on this site:
- Canon EOS M5 Review
- m4/3 Catches Canon and Nikon Lens Catalogs
- Leica is Healthy, But There's a Surprise
- Fujifilm Surprises
- Canon EOS M5 Gets Smaller Brother
- Sensor Cleaning in Mirrorless
- Leica Launches M10 Camera
- Fujifilm Officially Launches GFX, Adds X-T20
- Japanese Market Shares
- Panasonic Officially Launches GH5
- Nikon's Mirrorless Options
- There is No Best
- Why are Mirrorless Cameras Needed?
- End of Year (2016) Mirrorless Status
Other things this site contains:
Thorough and thoughtful reviews by technologist and photographer Thom Hogan of mirrorless cameras from Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony cameras.
Full analysis of the handling and performance of these cameras.
Click for Camera Reviews
Reviews of Canon EOS M mount, Fujifilm X mount, Nikon CX (1) mount, Olympus and Panasonic m4/3 mount, Samsung NX, and Sony E and FE-mount lenses.
Non-nonsense descriptions of how these lenses perform.
Click for Lens Reviews
But there’s much, much more on this site:
- Articles and essays of interest to mirrorless camera users
- Camera database with full feature sets of every mirrorless camera
- Lens database with full feature sets of every mirrorless lens
- News and commentary about mirrorless cameras
This site began in 2011 after I’d been using m4/3 mirrorless cameras in my photography work for two years. Since then, I’ve expanded sansmirror.com to its current form, where the site covers the entire mirrorless camera marketplace in a way no other Web property does.
The sensors are large. So are the possibilities.
Don't be fooled by the simple look of this site: it's filled with articles, reviews, data, and more, with even more coming in the future. The usual landing page you'd want to bookmark is the News/Views page, but you can also get a complete list of recently published articles on this and the other bythom sites by just going to www.bythom.com.
Help me improve this site. If you find incorrect or incomplete information, let me know. Fill out the form on the Contact page or use the email contact at the bottom of this page to let me know what you found.