Over 420 pages of information, 33 reviews, and growing daily.
Recent Sans Mirror articles (most recent at top):
- select News/Views in the menu bar for all recent sansmirror news articles and commentary
- Samsung Updates NX300 Firmware
- I'm Sensing a Small Change
- Slight Olympus Camera Firmware Update
- Samsung Quietly Pre-announces the 10mm Fisheye
- Nikon Silently Updates FT-1 Firmware
- Howling at the Moon
- The Danger of Colors
- Panasonic's Restructuring
- More on Olympus and Breakeven
- And April Makes Four
- Fujifilm on Sale
- Whoa! What the Heck Happened?
- Don't Be a Yahoo, Olympus Will Likely Survive 2014
- Fujifilm Updates Camera Firmware
- Fujifilm 14mm Lens Review
- Fujifilm 18mm Lens Review
- Fujifilm 35mm Lens Review
- Fujifilm 60mm Lens Review
- Fujifilm 18-55mm Lens Review
Recent articles on other byThom sites:
- No, It Ain't So — gearophile.com (also bythom.com)
- Another Nail in the Coffin — gearophile.com
- The Price Penalty — gearophile.com
- Was This the Right Leica? — gearophile.com
- Gear Where You Are — gearophile.com
- Stating the Obvious — gearophile.com
- Nikon Coolpix A Review — gearophile.com
- The X-Ray Question — filmbodies.com
- The 20 Remaining Fujifilm and Kodak films — filmbodies.com
- Why Consider the F4? — filmbodies.com
- Kodak B&W Developer Not Discontinued — filmbodies.com
- Should Adobe's Change Send You Back to Film? — filmbodies.com
(Add me to your Google+ circles, follow me on Twitter, or subscribe to the RRS feeds on the section header pages if you don't want to navigate from this link list or use the menus, above)
The sensors are large. So are the possibilities.
Welcome. I've been on the Internet pretty much from day one, and have had an active Web site—bythom.com—for well over a decade. As part of making sense of my sprawling Web presence, I’ve launched this second site, dedicated to the so-called mirrorless cameras. These smaller, yet sophisticated cameras have come to supplement the larger DSLRs I've been writing about for many years. Call them mirrorless, call them SILC (small interchangeable lens camera), call them EVIL (electronic viewfinder interchangeable lens), call them...well, you get the idea: they don't yet have a great name that's standardized in everyone's minds. Even the camera makers don't seem to be in agreement. I call them sans mirror.
Don't be fooled by the simple look of this site: it's filled with articles, reviews, data, and more, with even more coming in the future.
Help me improve this site. If you find incorrect or incomplete information, let me know. Fill out the form on the Contact page or use the email contact at the bottom of this page to let me know what you found.