Okay, Fujifilm wants us all to live in a time machine. They've now issued two different press releases on a future firmware update (press releases on June 25th and July 17th). Okay, I get it, you want us Web sites to trumpet things in advance. Being as I'll be busy with something else that day, I'll get on the time machine bandwagon and pre-announce the firmware update for you, Fujifilm.
On Tuesday (July 23rd) Fujifilm will release new software for the X-Pro1 (version 3.0) and X-E1 (version 2.0) cameras. The update contains five improvements:
- Autofocusing speed has been improved with the 14mm, 18mm, 35mm, 18-55mm, and 60mm lenses.
- Focus Peak Highlight has been added to manual focusing.
- The Command dial now more easily controls 3x and 10x focus magnification while manually focusing.
- Low contrast scenes and scenes with horizontal detail now focus more accurately.
- Image stabilization while recording a video using the 18-55mm lens has been improved.
The update will be available at the usual Fujifilm Web site.