(news & commentary)
CP+ is one of those times when we get updated lens road maps from camera companies. I’ve updated the main page for each brand of lens in the lens database with any new knowledge about upcoming lenses (e.g. Fujifilm).
- Canon — Nothing new to talk about.
- Fujifilm — A 35mm f/2 R and 120mm f/2.8 Macro lens were added to the known road map.
- Nikon — Nothing new to talk about.
- Olympus — An 8mm f/1.8 Pro fisheye was added to the road map. 300mm f/4 seems to have been delayed a bit.
- Panasonic — 30mm f/2.8 Macro was shown in prototype.
- Pentax — Added a ~90mm (equivalent) macro lens to their road map.
- Sony — The Sony 24-240mm, 28mm f/2, 35mm f/1.4, and 90mm f/2.8 almost showed up, though Sony seems to have slipped back on the actual delivery schedule and no new lenses were announced.
It’s possible that conferences, executives, and booth discussions may disclose more information about future lenses during the show, and I’ll add them to this page as I discover them.