Samyang is a Korean manufacturer of (currently) manual focus lenses that are designed to fit a number of mounts. Their licenses are licensed to others, so the exact same lens may appear under the Bower, Falcon, Rokinon, Pro-Optic, Vivitar, or Walimex brand name.
Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye
A "diagonal fisheye" focal length:
- m4/3 mount
- manual focus only, no electrical contacts (SHOOT W/O LENS should be set)
- 9 elements in 7 groups
- 180° diagonal angle of view
- f/3.5 to f/22
- no filters, built-in lens hood
- 3.5" (9cm) minimum focus, unspecified magnification ratio
- 1.9" (48mm) long, 2.4" (60 mm) diameter
- 7 ounces (197g) weight
- Available in black, silver
- Price US$300
Note: this lens is available under a number of different brand names (e.g. Rokinon) that license the lens from Samyang.
Thom's Mini Review: A surprisingly good lens, and probably a better choice than the Panasonic 8mm if you can deal with the lack of autofocus and don't mind setting exposure settings old-school style (aperture ring on the lens). Reasonably sharp into the corners, with little chromatic aberration to worry about. Likewise, handles flare better than the Panasonic. A bargain for the manual crowd.
Support this site by buying from this advertiser: