What's the difference between Power OIS and Mega OIS?
Power OIS provides a more sophisticated system for dealing with hand shake. Otherwise the two are basically the same.
Which lenses are designed for video use?
In Panasonic literature, you'd see an "HD Video Support" stamp. At present lenses so designated include all but the 12.5mm f/12, 20mm f/1.7, 25mm f/1.4, and 45mm f/2.8.
What about the Panasonic "Conversion Lenses"?
Panasonic makes four conversion lenses, and they can be used on several of the lenses:
- Wide Conversion DMW-GWC1: 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6, 14mm f/2.5
- Tele Conversion DMW-GTC1: 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6
- Macro Conversion DMW-GMC1: 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6, 14mm f/2.5
- Fisheye Conversion DMW-GFC1: 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6, 14mm f/2.5
What other Lens Accessories does Panasonic make?
There's a Zoom Lever for the 14-140mm (DMW-ZL1), plus Panasonic makes Protective, Polarizing, and Neutral Density filters in 37mm, 46mm, 52mm, 58mm, and 62mm sizes (also a polarizer in 67mm). Panasonic also makes three lens adapters:
- DMW-MA1 — for 4/3 lenses
- DMW-MA2M — for Leica M-mount lenses
- DMW-MA3R — for Leica R-mount lenses